January 6, 2014

When the Mountain gets too Steep

"Jesus wept."



Two little words so important, they make up their own verse. But why? I've often wondered why on earth people always thought those two words put together were the most powerful.

I now know. Through my own challenges on my mission I have come to feel this in my life more than I can testify of.

Here's the gist: three days before, Christ was told Lazarus was sick. He replied, "This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be gorified thereby."

Then when He comes back, Lazarus has already passed. When He sees Mary, she's bawling her eyes out over the loss of her brother. She cries "Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died." 

And "Jesus wept."

Christ knew that in just few a minutes He would be raising Lazarus. But He didn't brush Mary aside and quickly perform the miracle or scold her. He cried with her. That is what Christ does for us in our own trials. He weeps with us. He feels our pain and sits with us a moment. 

Then He picks us up and carries us closer to our Heavenly Father.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible Videos - The Life of Jesus Christ